Why is Self-Care Important? 7 Easy Ideas to Get You Started
When was the last time you sat alone (no TV, no phone) and listened to your own thoughts? Took a deep breath in … and a deep breath out. Then, took on the day just the way you intended to – all on your terms. This is what “self-care” looks like.
Sure, you’ve seen the term here and there, but have you considered why it’s important for your wellness and happiness?
It’s all about balance. Self-care is the practice of caring for yourself through the prioritization of your mental, physical and spiritual health – keeping an equal balance between the three and your everyday routine. Sounds simple, right? It is, however, it’s often the first thing to go when we find ourselves too busy or in challenging situations.
What are the benefits of self-care?
Finding ways to relax and practicing a consistent self-care routine has shown to mentally and physically help:
- Reduce anxiety
- Decrease stress
- Lessen frustration and anger
- Enhance focus
- Increase happiness
- Improve energy
Spiritually, it may help to keep you in tune with your thoughts, beliefs and purpose rather than material things and physical surroundings.
How to get started
Start with these simple self-care ideas to kick off your very own routine. Print the Self-Care Checklist below and check them off as you go!
1. Choose to sleep in with our Z-Blends Sleep Hemp Oil and finally get your full eight hours in!
2. Move your body with Zurvita Coach Peter Nielsen and the Pledge Community!
3. Stay hydrated with Zurvita Performance H2O and get a burst of sustainable energy.
4. Stop to celebrate the wins!
5. Try reading a good book, like Deshaun Watson’s “Pass It On”.
6. Take a break with Zeal – and pick your favorite flavor!
7. Make sure to connect with loved ones. Believe us – they miss you!